Terms and conditions of Use
Ownership of the Site
The goods and services available at the Site are only for sale to persons who can make legally binding contracts (and not persons barred from receiving services under the federal laws of Australia or other applicable jurisdiction).
We give no undertakings as to the availability of goods and services advertised on the Site.
We will at our discretion accept or reject your offer to purchase.
Title in the goods does not pass to you until payment has been received.
Risk of loss or damage to the goods passes to you on despatch.
Prices are in Australian dollars unless otherwise indicated.
Prices and stock availability may vary between the Site and Dymocks stores.
For digital products such as eBooks, prices may be set by the publisher not Dymocks. Publishers reserve the right to alter pricing at any time. It is possible that in the time between adding an item to your shopping cart and completing your purchase, Dymocks may have received a direction from a publisher to alter the price of the digital product. We must, upon receiving a request to alter the price of digital product, comply with that direction. Where compliance with the direction by Dymocks will alter the price of product in your shopping cart, we will alert you to the price change and provide an opportunity for you to remove the item before completing your transaction.
Where a title is shipped from Australia, its price (including any applicable delivery and order charge) is inclusive of Australian goods and services tax. Where a title is shipped from outside Australia its price (including any applicable delivery and order charge) is exclusive of Australian goods and services tax. Where goods and services tax is required to be included, prices are inclusive of goods and services tax.
Cancellation due to error
You acknowledge that, despite our reasonable precautions, products may be listed at an incorrect price or with incorrect information due to typographical error or like oversight. In these circumstances, we reserve the right to cancel the transaction, notwithstanding that your order has been confirmed and your credit card has been charged. If a cancellation of this nature occurs after your credit card has been charged for the purchase, we will issue a credit to your credit card account for the amount in question.
Certain portions of the Site (including purchases or access to digital products) are only available to individuals who register with us (each, a "Registered User ").
Registered Users will receive an account name and password upon completing the registration process. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account details and all activity that occurs under your account.
If you are a Registered User:
- you represent that you are a person who can make legally binding contracts (and are not a person barred from receiving services under the federal laws of Australia or other applicable jurisdiction); and
- you agree to:
- provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by any registration forms on the Site (the "Registration Data");
- maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete;
- immediately notify us of any unauthorised use of your password or account or any other breach of security; and
- ensure that you logout from your account at the end of each session.
To register and manage your account, please click on the following link:
Restrictions on use
Without our prior written consent, you may only access the Site for your personal, non-commercial use. You are authorised to print a copy of any information contained on the Site for those purposes only, unless such printing is expressly prohibited. Without limiting the foregoing, you may not without our prior written consent on-sell information obtained from the Site. You must not engage in any conduct that restricts or inhibits any other user from using or enjoying the Site.
You must not obscure or misrepresent your geographical location, forge headers, use proxies, use IP spoofing or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any message or transmittal you send on or through the Site. You must not pretend that you are, or that you represent, someone else, or impersonate any other individual or entity.
You must not violate or attempt to violate the security of the Site, including, without limitation by:
- accessing data not intended for you, including logging into a server or account which you are not authorised to access;
- attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network to breach security or authentication measures without authorisation;
- using any “deep-link”, “page-scrape”, “robot”, “spider” or other automatic device, program, algorithm or methodology, or any similar or equivalent manual process, to access, acquire, copy or monitor any portion of the Site, or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Site, to obtain or attempt to obtain any materials, documents or information through any means not purposely made available through the Site;
- conducting a reverse look-up, tracing or seeking to trace any information on any other user or visitor to the Site, or any other customer of Dymocks, to its source, or exploit the Site or any service or information made available or offered by or through the Site, in any way where the purpose is to reveal any information, including but not limited to personal information, other than your own information, as provided for by the Site;
- taking any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the infrastructure of the Site or our systems or networks, or any systems or networks connected to the Site or to our systems or networks;
- disrupt network nodes or network services or otherwise restrict, inhibit, disrupt or impede our ability to monitor or make available the Site;
- forging any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any e-mail or newsgroup posting;
- attempting to interfere with, disrupt or disable service to any user, host or network, including, without limitation, via means of “denial of service” attacks, overloading, “flooding”, “mailbombing” or “crashing”; or
- taking any action in order to obtain services to which you are not entitled.
- adapt, reproduce, store, distribute, print, display, perform, publish or create derivative works from any part of the Site; or
- commercialise any information, products or services obtained from any part of the Site;
without our prior written consent.
The Site includes registered trade marks owned by us (or our licensors) and trade marks that may be the subject of applications for registration by us (or our licensors).
You must not use any of our trade marks or company names or business names:
- in or as the whole or part of your own trade marks or business name or company name;
- in connection with activities, products or services which are not ours;
- in a manner which may be confusing, misleading or deceptive; or
- in a manner that disparages us or our information, products or services (including the Site).
You must not authorise or assist any person to do any of the above.
Some of the literary works offered on the Site have been identified as being in the public domain by certain content providers. We do not verify the accuracy of public domain designations and are not liable for any damage that may result from the downloading or other use of such literary works by you. If you do not reside in the relevant jurisdiction for which the public domain designation has been made, it is your responsibility to check the laws of your country of residence prior to downloading or accessing such literary works.
You must take precautions to ensure that the process which you adopt for accessing the Site does not expose you to the risk of viruses, malicious computer code or other forms of interference which may damage your computer system. To avoid doubt, we do not accept responsibility for any interference or damage to your computer system which arises in connection with the Site or any linked website.
We do not warrant the accuracy, adequacy or completeness of the information appearing on the Site, nor do we undertake to keep the Site updated. We do not accept responsibility for loss suffered as a result of reliance by you upon the accuracy or currency of such information.
You acknowledge that, despite reasonable precautions on our part, there is a risk of unauthorised access to or alteration of your transmissions or data or of information contained on your computer system or the Site. We do not accept responsibility or liability of any nature for any such losses which you may sustain as a result of such activity.
Security of information
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed as totally secure. Whilst we strive to protect such information, we do not warrant and cannot ensure the security of any information which is transmitted to us. Accordingly, any information which you transmit to us is transmitted at your own risk. Nevertheless, once we receive your transmission, we will take reasonable steps to preserve the security of such information. Further details of our security policy can be found at the following link:
We do not accept responsibility for any loss or damage, however caused (including through negligence), which you may suffer in connection with your use of the Site or any linked website, nor do we accept any responsibility for any such loss arising out of your use of or reliance on information contained on or accessed through the Site.
Nothing in this disclaimer is intended to limit or exclude any liability that cannot be lawfully excluded.
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
Our liability to you in respect of goods purchased by you from the Site is limited, at our option, to one or more of the following:
- in the case of services:
- the resupply of the services; or
- the payment of the cost of resupply; and
- in the case of goods:
- the replacement of the goods;
- the supply of equivalent goods;
- the repair of the goods;
- the payment of the cost of replacing the goods (or of acquiring equivalent goods); or
- the payment of the cost of having the goods repaired.
The benefits of the warranty above are in addition to other rights and remedies which you may have at law in respect of the goods or services to which the warranty relates. The warranty above is given by Dymocks Pty Ltd of Level 6, 428 George Street, Sydney NSW 2000 (Dymocks). Dymocks may be contacted by telephone on 02 9224 0411 or by email addressed to the following address: email@example.com
To claim against the warranty above you must contact us by sending an email addressed to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org. The email must contain the following information:
- details of the goods purchased
- the date that the goods were purchased
- the receipt or transaction number for the purchase
- your complaint
- what you believe will resolve your complaint
Please make the claim under the warranty as soon as reasonably practicable after receiving the goods. Dymocks will investigate your claim within a reasonable time of receiving an email complying with the requirements above. You may be required to provide to Dymocks additional information and to send the goods back to Dymocks to a reply paid address provided by Dymocks. In addition, any reasonable costs incurred by you in claiming against this warranty will be reimbursed by Dymocks.
Limitation of Liability
In no event shall we or our partners or affiliates, or contributors to this Site, be liable for any loss or injury, or any damages, whether direct, special, indirect, punitive, incidental, exemplary, consequential, or otherwise, whether based on breach of contract, tort (including negligence), product liability or otherwise, resulting from your access or use of this Site. You hereby waive any and all such claims against us, our partners, affiliates, and contributors. You agree that the limitations set forth above are fundamental elements of this agreement, and that the site and its materials would not be provided to you absent such limitations. Some state statutes may restrict this limitation of liability.
The Site may contain links to other websites (linked websites). Those links are provided for convenience only and may not remain current or be maintained. We are not responsible for the content or privacy practices associated with linked websites. Our links with linked websites should not be construed as an endorsement, approval or recommendation by us of the owners or operators of those linked websites, or of any information, graphics, materials, products or services referred to or contained on, those linked websites, unless and to the extent otherwise indicated. You acknowledge and agree that your linking to other sites, your use of such sites, and your use of any information, material, products and services offered by such sites, are solely at your own risk.
Third party content
Any opinions, advice, statements, services, offers, or other information or content expressed or made available by third parties are those of the respective authors or distributors and not of Dymocks. In many instances, the content available through the Site represents the opinions and judgments of the respective content provider. We neither endorse nor are responsible for the accuracy or reliability of any opinion, advice or statement made on the Site by anyone other than authorised Dymocks spokespersons while acting in their official capacities.
Dymocks Booklover Program
Click and Collect
Click & Collect is available at nominated Dymocks stores – subject to stock availability at your selected store.
- There is no additional fee charged for Click & Collect orders.
- Afterpay cannot be used for Click & Collect orders and purchases.
- Dymocks Gift Cards either in physical or digital form cannot be used for Click & Collect orders and purchases.
- Customers will receive an email to confirm that their order is ready to be collected.
- Upon collection of the order, the customer or any other person who collects the order on their behalf must present the confirmation email from Dymocks and if required by the nominated Dymocks store, Photo ID and a credit card that was used for the transaction. Acceptable forms of Photo ID will also include Drivers licence, proof of age card or passport.
- Visiting your nominated store prior to receiving a confirmation for collection may result in your item not being ready for collection when you arrive.
- Any partial cancellation of a Click & Collect order needs to be done in-store upon collection.
- An invoice will be printed by the nominated Dymocks store upon collection of the order by the customer.
- Orders for collection at a Dymocks store must be collected within 15 days of receipt of an email confirming that your order is available for collection. If the customer’s order is not collected within this time frame, then the relevant Dymocks store has a right to allocate those goods to another customer. Dymocks will automatically cancel the order and refund the monies to the customer.
- If the item is not available at the nominated Dymocks store, then the customer will receive an email to confirm cancellation and may re-order the item from another nominated Dymocks store or online through the Dymocks website.
Our privacy and security policy may be found at the following link: